Face App, the mobile app that allows you to age or youthen (Glen said it, take it up with him) an image of yourself has seen somewhat of a resurgence in recent week. It seems we can hardly look at social media without seeing an elderly shot of a celebrity or a member of our social circle. But why has it taken off again all of a sudden and what can we learn from it? Our content this week has examined just this.
Earlier in the week Paul and Glen took to Eastbourne beach and asked locals to try out the app whilst our camera captured their reaction. How would they react to seeing themselves 30 or 40 years down the line? Find out in our video “Can We Face The Future?”
Glen shared some reflections on people’s reactions in this week’s monologue, before he and Paul chatted in a bit more depth on the LIVEcast/podcast. The LIVEcast/podcast also features an interview with Robin Ham who has recently written about the faceapp phenomenon over on his blog ‘That Happy Certainty’. Make sure to read his article and then check out Glen’s interview with him.
We’re still raising funds for our Speak Life Foundry intership programme beginning in September. Do have a look at our video documenting the work we’ve already done and then please think about whether you can donate. If you can, head over http://speaklife.org.uk/foundry/ and as a bonus, you can also claims a FREE EBOOK put together by Glen – Christ In All Of Scripture. Any gift, no matter how small will help towards continuing this work of the Kingdom.
In case you missed any of that, we’ve collected all of these resources for you right here!
Coming Up For Speak Life
We’d value your prayers for these upcoming projects and engagements:
- Pray for the finances we need to run the Speak Life Foundry to come in.
- Pray for the remaining work that needs to be done on our building/studio to be completed by the time the interns arrive.
- Pray for visa applications to be processed quickly and to be granted.
- Pray for accommodation for our interns.
- Praise God for Peter, who attended a talk Glen gave, who said that after 40 years in and out of church he finally put his hand into Jesus’ hand.
Donate towards the ongoing work of Speak Life