This week has seen the bizarre news of a 27 year old man in India who is suing his parents for giving birth to him without his consent. His story made the Daily Mail & although Raphael Samuel may have been trolling us all, the ideas he put forward are ones held by antinatalists. In this week’s monologue, Glen shares his thoughts.
And in our LIVEcast on Tuesday we delved deeper into the issue and how it is simply another aspect of a Western society that has embraced death in numerous ways. Check our list of 10 ways in which we’ve done so as society goes further down the nihilism rabbit hole.
We also had a visit from Andrew Wilson last week, who came in to chat about his new book “Spirit & Sacrament: An Invitation To Eucharismatic Worship” and how the church ought to marry together liturgical and charismatic traditions.
In case you missed any of that, we’ve collected all of these resources for you right here!
Coming Up For Speak Life
We’d value your prayers for these upcoming projects and engagements:
- For God to grow our online presence.
- For the right interns to begin applying for this September and for applications to begin coming in.
- For Paul preaching on the 2nd commandment at Thirsty at All Saints Crowborough on Friday 8th
- For the follow up to Warwick University’s mission week after Glen has been speaking there this week.
- For Paul and Glen as they go to Southampton University mission week 11th-15th February, as well as for the Christian Union.
- Paul is leading a table on the Life Explored Course at All Saints Crowborough every Tuesday between now and the 19th February. Pray for good conversations and new life.
Donate towards the ongoing work of Speak Life