In a series on Power Evangelism, Andy and Glen discuss the ‘power of illustrations’:
- Why do people discuss the illustrations in a sermon more than the theology?
- How should we use them in evangelism, and what is the Biblical use of them?
- Can we overuse illustrations?
Glen also takes us though some illustrations to help respond to people such as:
- How do we know Christianity is true?
- Is the Bible trustworthy?
- What about Suffering?
- I wish I had your faith
- Doesn’t free grace lead to sin?
- How can someone else pay for my sin?
- Why isn’t being good, good enough for God?
- Are Christians homophobes?
- Are Christians anti-Science?
Glen mentions a book by Paul Little called ‘How to Give Away Your Faith‘.
And, of course, get Glen’s book 321, the story of God, the World, and You.
What do you think? Leave your comments below: (share your illustrations too!)