Back at the beginning of December, Glen was invited to Portsmouth University to take part in a ‘dialogue’ with Islamic Scholar Adnan Rashid. We now have the recording of the event.
In this episode:
- Reading Between the Lines, daily vlog
- Update on our Christmas Campaign, Four Kinds of Christmas
- University Missions coming in February
- Background to the ‘dialogue’ in Portsmouth
- DIALOGUE AUDIO
- Why did Glen use this strategy?
- Next week’s episode
- Glen’s Write up on his blog
- Questions (paraphrased) from the dialogue (links to the question in the YouTube video):
- God has no beginning or end, so how is Jesus God, if he had both a beginning and end.
- Why in the Bible does Jesus refer to Himself as the Son of Man. Where does Jesus claim he is God?
- In Matt 15:25, Jesus states he was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of Israel, how can he have come for the whole world?
- If we are all children of God, does that mean we are all the sons and daughters of God?
- How can Jesus be God when he did things God wouldn’t do (eat, sleep etc)
- Is Jesus really the only begotten son? (looking at Psalm 2)
- Matt 26:39, Jesus fell to his face and prayed. Who’s He praying to? Himself?
- Why do you believe God has had to kill a part of himself to forgive us?
- Did Jesus stop being God when he became man?
- Can you give some Categorical evidence of where Jesus claimed to be God?
- Reading Between the Lines videos so far